Match Report Wolves v Blackburn Rovers

Molineux Stalemate
Wolves 0
Blackburn Rovers 0
A lacklustre contest between Wolves and relegation threatened Blackburn Rovers ended without a goal on what was a disappointing afternoon at Molineux.
Wolves were unchanged for the visit of the Lancashire side and they kicked-off attacking the North Bank end in some lovely springtime sunshine.
In the eighth minute the ball dropped to the feet of Sam Gallagher stationed near the penalty spot in the home area but he completely missed his kick. Craig Conway ran in on the loose ball but he fired wide of the far post.
Nouha Dicko got into a decent position on the by-line to the right of the visitors goal but keeper David Raya picked off the striker’s cross at the near post.
Rovers won a free-kick wide on the left after a Romain Siass challenge on Conway. The Rovers man took the resultant free-kick which found Darragh Lenihan who powered a header narrowly wide.
Wolves were dealt a blow in the 18th minute when Matt Doherty limped off with what appeared to be a hamstring injury. He was replaced by Ivan Cavaleiro with George Saville dropping back from his left-sided midfield position to that of full-back.
Ben Marshall, who had been getting the ‘treatment’ from his former supporters, lifted a free-kick into the box but Saiss’s header was far too high.
Just before the end of a half devoid of chances, Ryan Nyambe dispossessed Cavaleiro in the centre circle and went on a run to goal that was brought to an end by Mike Williamson’s perfectly timed tackle.
Half-Time: Wolves 0 Rovers 0
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson came out at the start of the second half in place of Dicko and then the first booking of the game went the way of Lenihan for simulation following Charlie Mulgrew’s corner.
As in the first half, there was little to concern either goalkeeper with play interrupted for the introduction of Danny Graham in place of Conway and another booking for a Blackburn player – this time for Danny Guthrie’s foul on Dave Edwards.
Midway through the half Andy Lonergan was called into action after Rovers had been awarded a free-kick to the left of the home area.
One time Molineux winger Elliott Bennet took the kick aiming just inside the near post and forcing Lonergan into a diving save. then Marshall was replaced by Morgan Gibbs-White.
More bookings followed with Jason Lowe and Saiss seeing yellow after respective fouls on Saville and Mulgrew. The cautions came either side of Gibbs-White being denied by a last ditch tackle after Bodvarsson had nodded the ball back into his path.
A decent looking cross from Gibbs-White was headed away before Bodvarsson could capitalise then a three on two break looked promising for Wolves but when Bodvarsson slipped the ball to Gibbs-White, the youngster was thwarted by Elliott Ward’s saving tackle.
Lonergan looked to be shoved in mid-air as he went for a header from Joao but the referee awarded the corner much to the disbelief of the home players.
Andi Weimann and Conor Coady got in crosses in the space of a few seconds but both were cleared and another Weimann attempt saw him miscuing his centre and sending the ball over the bar.
In the fourth minute of added time, Cavaleiro turned and got in an angled shot that flew into the arms of Raya at his near post.   
Wolves: Lonergan, Doherty (Cavaleiro 21), Coady, Edwards (capt), Stearman, Williamson, Saiss, Saville, Dicko (Bodvarsson 45), Weimann, Marshall (Gibbs-White 67).
Unused subs: Burgoyne, Mason, Evans, Hause.
Booking: Saiss (71 – foul).
Rovers: Raya, Williams, Lowe (capt), Mulgrew, Ward, Gallagher (Joao 77), Guthrie, Nyambe, Lenihan, Bennett (Emnes 85), Conway (Graham 63).
Unused subs: Steele, Hoban, Feeney, Akpan.
Bookings: Lenihan (51 – simulation), Guthrie (64 – foul), Lowe (69 – foul).
Referee: D. Coote.
Attendance: 20,249 (1,258 away supporters).